Movie King Vic Sotto and actress-television host Pauleen have called it quits.
Showbiz authority Mario Bautista made the revelation in his latest column, although there are no confirmation from either Vic or Pauleen. The two are co-hosts in the popular noontime show on GMA Network “Eat Bulaga.”
The columnist reported that the latest buzz now is that Pauleen and Vic have also called it quits as of last week.
Pauleen attended the presscon of “Daddy Dearest” where she plays four characters who are all fairies but left in a huff to avoid any interviews
“Someone informed us that at the time of the presscon, she and Vic were already having an LQ,” he wrote.
Vic’s own kids, lalo na si Oyo, up to her parents na tutol talaga,” he wrote.
He claimed that even Pauleen’s own friends are also against the relationship considering their big age gap. Vic is going 60 and Pauleen is 25.
“So finally, bumigay na rin si Pauleen sa dami ng nagsasabi sa kanyang malabo talagang magtagal ang relasyon nila. So, libre nang mabaling kay Solenn (Heussaff) ang attention ni Bossing (So finally, Pauleen cave in with so many telling her that her ties with him won’t last. So, he is now free to fall for Soleen),” he wrote.
Social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter were abuzz early this year with the news of Vic and Pauleen as the latest “item.”
The news spread like wildfire when top columnist and television host Ricky Lo reported in hisFunfare column in Philippine Star, that the two “Eat Bulaga!” stars are indeed a couple.
In his column, Ricky Lo wrote: “Yes, they are “officially” an item as confirmed to Funfare by somebody close to them, that’s why you must have noticed some very subtle sweetness in the way they treat each other on Eat, Bulaga! where Vic is “bossing” and Pauleen now the show’s new “first lady,” replacing Vic’s ex-girlfriend Pia Guanio who is now happily married to Steve Mago.”
Despite early denials, the relationship of the Movie King was fanned further during the show’s Feb. 13 episode of Eat Bulaga‘s “All for Juan, Juan for All”segment in San Juan, Davao City, where Pauleen Luna suddenly collapsed while interviewing the contestant together withAllan K and Paolo Ballesteros.
The show was aired live and was captured on air, the segment was then halted as reportedly ordered by rumored boyfriend Vic Sotto who was at the main studio at that time. Pauleen was then brought to the hospital.
Vic even joked “May mangga ba dyan (Is there mango there?)”
Is she already pregnant with Vic’s child?
Pauleen, who is now very okay, denied the rumor that she is infanticipating.
Allan K, her co-host, in fact, could attest to the reason why Pauleen collapsed in Davao while they were doing the show.
The comedian-singer said that Pauleen had no sleep and it was very hot in Davao during their show.
Allan K said: “Alas dos ng madaling araw, nasa bahay ‘ko na (si Pauleen). Nakisabay siya sa akin papuntang airport. Pagdating ng hotel, natulog lang kami ng very, very light, dumiretso na kami sa venue. Kaya ‘yun nahilo, Tsaka mainit lang talaga ang panahon, Bossing.”
Pauleen , for her part, explained t hat the collapse d because she did not eat her breakfast, lack ed rest and sleep and went directly to the site together with heat and high humidity of the weather in Davao.
She is definitely not pregnant.
Since the news of the reported romance brewing between the Comedy King and Pauleen, may came out with comments, good and bad.
Among the unsavory comments was that Pauleen is allegedly only after Vic’s money and that she may have seduced him.
Pauleen’s parents reacted to the critics and issued the following statement:
“There is no better time for our thoughts, as parents, on the Vic-Pauleen issue, be heard but now, for we wish our daughter nothing more but a peaceful and fulfilled 2012.
We’re proud to have brought up Pauleen as a God-fearing child, and have full trust and confidence whatever decision she makes.
We have raised her and her brother as well-provided individuals encouraged to live their lives to the fullest.
Since her start in this industry, she has but one goal – that is to enjoy what she loves the most – acting and hosting. What she earns from this profession comes secondary to her passion.
That is why it pains her and us as well to hear that she is using someone else for financial gains. Just so everything si clear, Pauleen is not the breadwinner of the family.
We, her parents, are very much able to perform this role for our brood. Whatever she earns is placed in her own account, for her own disposal and has been accounted for since.
Although she is not obligated in any way to share, we are very proud of her being a blessing for those in need.
She is a very simple lady with simple wants and needs. She has been smart in ensuring that her future is secured through her investments.
Investments such as the new house she is building from her savings – contrary to the speculations that it was a gift.”
Pauleen’s mother, Chat Luna, has confirmed that Vic is indeed showing interest on her daughter.
Chat made the statement in reaction to many statements, good and bad, about the brewing romance of Vic and Pauleen.
One such statement was that Pauleen was only after Vic’s money.
In all fairness, Chat said that her daughter Pauleen has been a very good girl and has her own investments like a house of her own.
“ We would like to extend our regrets to Mr. Vic Sotto for being dragged in this issue ,” she said .
Chat Luna added: “ We respect his show of interest with Pauleen and trust that whatever she decides regarding this matter will be for the best of everyone.”
Another report stated that Pauleen, 24, had seduced Vic, 58, which Pauleen and supporters denied.
Vic Sotto’s real name is Marvic Castelo Sotto. He was born on April 28, 1954 under the Zodiac sign of Taurus.
Pauleen, on the other hand, is Marie Pauleen J. Luna in real life. She was born on November 10, 1988 under the Zodiac s ign Scorpio .